The CreateJS team has been working really hard on lots of things, and we are excited to announce a major release milestone!
New library release
The entire suite of libraries has received a dot-update, and are now available in both GitHub, and the CreateJS CDN. We have packed this release with a ton of new features, enhancements, and some huge rewrites. Notable updates include:
- Entire Suite: A brand new inheritance model, and major performance increases across the board.
- EaselJS 0.8.0: Major updates to Graphics, performance enhancements on filters, performance & unit tests, and time-based animation on MovieClip.
- TweenJS 0.6.0: Inclusion of the EaselJS Ticker as part of the library, and lots of bug fixes.
- SoundJS 0.6.0: A big internal rewrite, getter/setters, unit tests, and lots of bug fixes.
- PreloadJS 0.6.0: An awesome refactor to externalize loaders, bug fixes, and a new SpriteSheetLoader.
As usual, we have provided a minified and combined version of the entire suite on the CDN.
Visit GitHub to access the libraries, and check out the VERSIONS.txt in each repository for a full list of what has changed. The updates are compatible with Flash Pro CC’s HTML5 Canvas export, and should be part of the next Flash Pro release.
A new website
A brand new site has been deployed at createjs.com. We felt that the library has matured a lot, and deserved a new design that better reflected that.
- Brand new simplified iconography
- A responsive design with much better mobile support
- Easy access to demos, documentation, downloads, and quick-start information
- A demo “editor”, which allows live editing of the demos on the site
We have also updated this blog, CDN, and CreateJS documentation with the same aesthetic.
how about the mobile adaption in the new version?
Cool stuff! Nice to see a new face to the site and great to see a new release of CreateJS!
Thanks A lot
i love createJS
Great stuff team! Are there known incompatibilities with iPad 1 / iOS5? The previous builds seem to have worked ok, these do not. Even the new site crashes repeatedly on my iPad 1. I realize we may be able to drop support for those devices soon…but if it’s an easy fix…
Thanks for the heads up. We are looking at this now.
Can I find the code or demo in somewhere about the canvas_bg banner in homepage